Friday 6 January 2017

Hertfordshire wedding photographer - What is reportage wedding photography?

I describe my wedding photography as a blend of reportage, contemporary and traditional wedding photography.
People sometimes ask me what is reportage wedding photography?
Reportage is a journalistic style, a factual account telling the story, the photographs are not posed, they are real life as it happens. In the context of wedding photography and the bride getting ready I try to be as unobtrusive as possible, in the background but carefully putting myself in the right place to capture those special moments of hair and make-up preparation, or perhaps a present to the bridesmaid or those final adjustments to the veil.
Here are a few examples of my reportage wedding photography.
www.dalecherryweddings.co.uk